Sunrise

Sunrise
Early Spring Sunrise Snow on the Silo

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bunny update - Week 4

They're every where! They're every where!


The ladies are certainly being over achievers, I now have two litters in one nest box up in house and would you believe how big these kits are at just one week old . Yup, that white one is over 5" long! I swear, it looks like a litter of puppies. The two does must be sharing nursing duties, the whole combined litter is huge. I have returned to my previously successful policy of non-interaction with new born litters so I don't know for sure how many there are, and what colors, but we will find out soon enough. They sure do look fat and shiny.


I was also gifted with a `surprise litter and the remaining kits from last weeks disaster have ingratiated themselves in with those kits. Now I am aware of the potential of spreading disease between the litters and I understand the disparity in size may cause issues, but they have been this way for five days now and there have been no issues yet. I rather leave well enough alone and keep stress levels to the minimum.


As I mentioned in yesterdays post, I am beginning to look for homes for some of the kits from the oldest litter. Right now I am planning to sell off the black ones and keep the two white and the gray. Looks like at least one will be heading to a new home on Sunday.



So I am thinking that we are d
one for now (FX), I need to get to work on a few more pens as these kits grow.











Why is it that the Star Trek episode "The Trouble With Tribbles" keeps haunting my dreams?



No comments:

Post a Comment