Sunrise

Sunrise
Early Spring Sunrise Snow on the Silo

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bunny Update - Week 3!

You know you couldn't sleep last night waiting for this. The younger litter has their eyes open and are becoming mobile. Looks like some interesting coat colors are developing, very exciting!

















The older litter are already very independent and will be weaned soon. I must dedicate more time to handling them so that harvesting wool will not be a huge ordeal.

Here is Mama bunny with her 2 white kits to give you an idea of how big they have grown. They are starting to show a fluffy coat too.













The (not so big) surprise is the arrival of a 3rd litter, with my white doe as mama. I see movement in the nest box amid a huge pile of white wool. I can't wait to get a closer look.

The bucks are now all segregated from the does, I think I have had enough of babies for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment