Sunrise

Sunrise
Early Spring Sunrise Snow on the Silo

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night.....

We are expecting a snow and ice storm, so Whitney decided this would be a good night to kid. After I finished evening chores I put her in a stall with a bale of fresh, dry straw.

At 10pm I checked her and found a beautiful buck kid.

An hour later, while checking on him, she produced another buck without incident, affording me the opportunity to get these somewhat graphic photos of the process.

You don't get any more newborn then this, just seconds old.
The barn cat, who appears to have picked a fight with someone tougher then he is, watched over the proceedings from the safety of his perch on the stall wall.Well that was it, two bucklings.
Two more does left to kid this spring and one in summer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some girls!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, he's steaming fresh lol! The mama seems to not even half notice she's giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Keep! She just walked around in circles until he came out, never even laid down to push. She is, however, a very attentive Mama.

    ReplyDelete