Sunrise

Sunrise
Early Spring Sunrise Snow on the Silo

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day in the garden


It has been much more like summer than spring this past week, the temperatures
have been in the high 80's with plenty of humidity and we are in need of some rain. Seem like just as I think I'll save a bit on electricity by turning off the heat lamps, now I'm running the well pump to water the garden and need the fan in the house. I can't win. We did get a bit of a respite in the guise of a cold front last night. The heat is pushing the broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage and the mustard greens that seeded from last year are already in flower. The dry spring had allowed early planting, but this heat is screwing it all up. I guess the up side is that some of the tomatoes and peppers are already in flower. We still have 2 apple trees to plant, I finally got the blueberries in this morning and there are still a few seedlings to put in and I'd like to plant more beans and cukes too.









Boogie has been keeping cool in his pool, sometimes he hops in fully dressed!

I'd also like to take a moment, on this Memorial Day, to remember and appreciate the soldiers that have given their lives in service to our country, for our freedom and our rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment