Sunrise

Sunrise
Early Spring Sunrise Snow on the Silo

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Harvest

It's much too early for this frosty weather. Three weeks too early by our average first frost date. With the cool spring I still have far too many tomatoes on my vines and I am not ready to start carting firewood.



The apple trees planted last year produced a small harvest of very yummy fruit. We also discovered this interesting looking creature munching the leaves.



Boogie really enjoys apples (and is asking for one now as he sees these photos LOL).



Looks like there will be plenty of squash and beets. The eggplant and okra and beans were also good producers. The tomatoes were mediocre and I didn't plant nearly enough of them. By next spring I want a better tiller so I don't have to depend on anyone else to get the soil ready.

We did have a beautiful harvest moon.


And a worn out helper.


Still need to get the plastic on the hoop house so the potted tomatoes will have some extra time to ripen. Some of the plants were touched by the frost, but none seem to have been killed off. Here's hoping the warm weather returns and hangs around for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment