Sunrise

Sunrise
Early Spring Sunrise Snow on the Silo

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Orchards, Apples and Pumpkins, fall adventures with Boogie.

We made a number of trips to local orchards and farms this fall.
First we went on a field trip to Kickapoo Orchards in Gays Mills, then we had another
play group outing to Vesperman Farms corn maze and finally a visit to Shihata Orchards in Eastman for their Apple Fest.
Boogie always enjoys a good sandbox, or in this case a good corn kernel box.
He's also VERY fond of apples and, given how many he eats, should keep the Doctor at bay for quite some time.
Given all the animals we have at home, it never ceases to amaze me that he can't stay away from them any where we go.


Halloween is past, it's already time to start looking forward to the holiday season.
I found a nice large roaster at an auction a few weeks ago and should be able to cook a whole turkey on the wood stove. I plan to do a brine again this year, I cannot say how delicious and juicy the breast I cooked last year was after a two day brine bath.

With daylight saving kicking in this weekend, I'll have plenty of time for knitting in the evening. There is still time to order custom hats/scarves for holiday gifts, or buy a pre-made one from my Hyena Cart shop.
Here's hoping the good weather I've been blessed with lately hangs around for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment