Sunrise

Sunrise
Early Spring Sunrise Snow on the Silo

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dog Days......


We are preparing for a long stretch of weather with highs in the 90's and lows only in the upper 70's with high humidity and stagnant air. Times like this makes me want an air conditioner!

So so so many things going on this time of year. Picking the last of the broccoli and the first of the cucumbers, tomatoes and potatoes with beans added to the list before long.
I have had dismal results with Muscovy eggs in the incubator this year (ironically I'm having trouble keeping the humidity high enough) but the hens are doing a good job setting.


The Guinea keets are also starting to hatch and the 4 Light Brahmas are producing a steady stream of eggs for the incubator. I did purchase a few from a hatchery to diversify a bit and hope to have my flock up to pre neighbors dog decimation levels soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment